Third Coast Federal Credit Union (formerly Spohn Health System Federal Credit Union) was originated by 8 Hospital Employees in the summer of 1960 and became chartered Aug 29, 1960.
They anticipated roughly around 100 members total, but already had 175 members after just one month.
The Credit Union began it's first month of operation with just over $ 1,000.00 on hand.
Many changes have occurred through the years, but we have resisted the trend of becoming a community credit union. We would rather maintain the “family” atmosphere we have always had.
We want to be small enough to know your name, but large enough to fulfill your financial needs.
Our mission is to actively protect your finances by ensuring the safety and soundness of our Credit Union. We are committed to providing consistent quality service to meet the needs of our members.
How to Join
Membership is easy, just provide two forms of identification and deposit $25.
Membership is open to the following people:
- Employees, doctors, medical staff, and volunteers of Christus Spohn Health System
- Employees of staff doctors of the above hospitals
- Tenants and employees of Christus Spohn Towers
- Employees and directors of the YWCA and United Way of the Coastal Bend
- Reliable Ambulance Service
- Corpus Christi Metro Ministries
- Malek, Inc.
Submit Your Application Today – Just Stop By The Credit Union AND A MEMBER SERVICE REP WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU!
- Bring in 2 forms of identification (Government Issued I.D., Driver's License, Passport). In addition, an official Social Security card is a required form of identification.
- A Share (Savings) account is required to be opened for membership. A minimum $25 opening deposit is required. The $25 deposit will be held in the share account for the life of the membership.
- Any additional account types (Checking, PIC, etc.) also require a minimum deposit of $25 at account opening.
WE CANNOT PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION IF IT IS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY THE PROPER IDENTIFICATION
Customer Identification Requirements
In accordance with Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act, applicants for new accounts are required to provide current picture identification that verifies identity including name, address, and other identifying information.
In some cases, identification will be requested for current account holders if original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account. In all cases, protection of our members’ identity and confidentiality is our pledge to you.
Board of Directors
- Lupe Salazar – President
- Melissa Deleon – Vice President
- Elizabeth Mendoza – Secretary
- Nori Gerus – Member
- Grace Zuniga – Member
- Ramiro (Gambi) Gamboa – Member
- Gilda Vasquez – Member
Third Coast Federal Credit Union will NOT be sending you a text to call into a special phone number in regards to either your debit cards or credit cards with us. Please do NOT call the phone number in the text message. This is yet another phishing scam and we encourage you to contact your Congressman and Senators and ask them to pass laws making stiffer penalties for these crimes.